The early days when you created a commercial on tv, wrote copy for a local newspaper to amplify your marketing and start calling people so you have enough leads for your business is a long time gone. B2B digital marketing strategies are much more complicated in terms of the experience they receive from the company. They expect consistency across multiple channels, adaptability to their terms, whether it is their preferred way of communications or receiving information. B2B Prospects want only related information to their pains and needs and anything extra is just a waste of their time.
Therefore, creating a precise marketing targeting, communicate through many channels, and create fluid marketing techniques for your prospects so they feel like you take care of only them with special care and love.
Yes, marketing plays a big role in departments like customer service and sales to create a seamless and pleasant experience for your prospect and customers.
Also, to align your marketing and sales so you can produce better data. Data are becoming the company’s most powerful asset and the ones who analyze it and use it, can adapt faster and stay competitive in the new age of digitalization.
That’s why I am bringing you the best b2b digital marketing strategies for 2020 which will nourish your marketing department and make you look like a star!
1. Video Production
As there are many ways how you can engage with your prospects the video production is becoming one of the most effective in recent years, especially for its convenience to absorb information.
This technique is especially effective because of the human nature to remember more than we read something because we are more visual creatures, as for thousands of years we have relied on your sense of remembering by visuals.
Hence, we can easily consume information from videos and pictures rather than reading a blog post, articles, or any written material.
Why digital marketing Video for B2B?
Nowadays b2b companies winning the prospects by educating them on their problems. The one who brought more knowledge to the table usually win the deal. Yes, prospects want to be educated and video marketing is a great way
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic. Just for your imagination, that is 15 times higher than it was in 2017. The research was done by Cisco in 2019.
- At this time, we can monitor that 78% of people watch online videos every week and 55% watch online videos every day. And this trend is only going to grow as millennials going to be in charge of companies and gen Z will come to the marketplace too. This study was done by HubSpot in 2019
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than reading the text. As I already mentioned it is more convenient and they remember more from that. This research was done by WordStream in 2017 and updated in 2019.
Content is the actual king, and there are many ways how you can produce and content for your target audience. I already mentioned the video marketing and its benefits but I do not want you to leave text content at all, as it is still a great way to bring more leads to your business.
Thanks to a great targeting ability provided by blogging, you can make sure you are getting the right prospects for your company, also bring them educational content which is important to executives when they are researching your solutions.
So, do not skip this marketing technique for your b2b company as it still and will bring many prospects to your b2b company.
Why Blogging for B2B Company?
I gave you already a couple of reasons why still blogging is so important for your company, but let’s explain it with some data so you can understand better why b2b blogging is so important for your business.
- Companies who blog receive 97% more external links that those who do not. This is caused by the helpful content you would be creating, therefore other hobby bloggers and also companies would link to your website, which will result in more traffic and that means leads for your company. Also, it is a great way for SEO.
- 67% More leads for your company thanks to creating a b2b blog for your company. As it is the main SEO aspect for your company, the search engine has more pages to refer to when a prospect search for an answer related to your business solutions.
- 52% of B2B Marketers Agreed that blogging is crucial for them as it is a creative source of leads which is very constant and predictive with incredible ROI. In another way, over half of marketers rely on their blogs to bring consistently leads even when they sleep, or they are on holiday.
- 93% of Marketers believe content marketing to be more effective than traditional marketing at generating leads for the company.
There are great benefits of b2b blogging so make sure you read this so you know them all.
3. Lead Nurturing
B2B differs from B2C that it requires a high level of relationship-building rather than in b2c marketing. Therefore I am including lead nurturing between an essential b2b digital marketing strategy for 2020. Because lead nurturing to take care of prospects who are not ready to buy yet, but they have an interest.
B2B Industry has a much longer selling process, it can take months to close the deal. Prospects want to get to know you, your product and services, and also build some relationship with you, so they can trust to buy from you.
With Lead nurturing you will educate and keep prospects under you as long as they have decided to buy or not.
Why B2B Lead Nurturing?
As I talked about above, building relationships is the key to b2b marketing and selling. But, build relationships takes time and a lot of effort.
Therefore modern b2b digital marketing strategies enhance your lead nurturing.
That’s why you should try to automate at least part of it, so your sales can take more leads under them and also do not let get away your prospects. You will still keep them, for later, once they are ready.
- 80% of new leads never translate into sales due to sales follow up late, they are
already busy with current leads and my other reasons why leads never become
sales. With Lead nurturing you would ease the work of sales and increase the
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% of more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. As with the right lead nurturing you are able to keep your prospects longer and educate them, therefore build the trust and increase your sales-ready leads.
- 47% of Nurtured leads make a large purchase than non-nurtured leads. With bringing the right education to your prospects you can also deliver up-sells and cross-sells as you better know what they want and need for their business so you can offer to them through educational content so it is not pushy.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for B2B
With booming digitalization, cloud technology, and IoT, marketing needs to catch up too with all-new inventions across. Search engine optimization is growing on popularity by marketers day by day, thanks to low cost and its return on investments. That’s the kind of tactics marketers likes, isn’t it?
But as search engines changing algorithms every day (Google does 10 updates each day) it is becoming harder to have proper SEO in place, as it is an ongoing journey to constantly improve the website to keep up with it.
But if you have done SEO properly, you can benefit from a constant source of good quality leads, without spending too much budget and with outsourcing, you can find SEO expert cheaply and done for you.
Why Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your business?
As b2b digital marketing strategies are evolving the SEO with it too, your website is one of the first interaction with you for your prospects in most of the time. Website is the digital home for your business and if you want to bring more leads, you need to make sure your SEO is done correctly, and once it is, you can benefit from:
- SEO Generate 20x more traffic opportunities than PPC and both mobile and desktop. PPC – pay per click for example AdWords is when you pay to appear on to of the result of the keyword. On another side, SEO is a tactic that you do to be in search results too in the organic sections, which get 80% more clicks than the PPC section.
- 57% of B2B Marketers say that SEO Generates more Leads than any other tactic they use. (Junto, 2017)
- 59% of Marketers say SEO has the biggest impact on their lead generation goals. As most of the decision-makers do research online, only a few people actually go out and start asking questions about the solutions. Because it’s time-consuming and impractical to go out when you can just write a few keywords into a Google and get your answer.
Search engine bringing opportunities served on the silver plate if you play by the rules. As I already mentioned, you can create an SEO website with outsourcing freelancers if you do not know how to do it, so you can start getting organic traffic to your website.
5. A/B Testing
This marketing technique has been here for a long time already and it just transformed into digital marketing too. Marketing requires a lot of copies to be written, especially when each of them has two versions.
A/B Testing has two versions to achieve the same result. Let’s say you want to increase the click-through rate for your emails, but you do not know what works better. Let’s look at an example of a classic a/b testing marketing strategy for email marketing.
Your goal is to have a high open-rate for your email from your subscribers, but you do not know what would work better whether you have a question in your subject or plain sentence.
So, you have created a copy for your email and divided your subscribers into 2 groups. One will receive a subject line with a question and other with a plain text. After a week you can clearly see which email perform better. You repeat the process couple of time and later you know which subject lines usually perform better.
This is a classic example of A/B testing within marketing.
Why A/B Testing for Your B2B Company?
Creating a/b testing marketing requires effort from your side to make it successful but if it’s done properly you can get some great results for your lead generation and improve overall marketing KPI’s.
- Conversion rates improve with a/b testing as it is one of the simplest metrics to be tracked within a/b testing. As the actual purpose of it is to improve your conversion rates, therefore if it’s done properly, you will have data to know how to improve the conversion rate, whether it is for email, landing page, or any other marketing copies.
- Reduce the risk of your marketing copies as you will know where you make mistakes and what tickles your prospects. As I have already mentioned, a/b testing is one of the easiest marketing strategies to track and analyze to see the results. So, you can get easy answers for your next b2b marketing campaigns.
- Improve content for your marketing is always an important goal, to become better year after year to stay competitive and bring new leads. As you will see, what works and what does not work for your target audience. Once you will understand your audience better you can use it across your b2b marketing channels.
6. Social Media
Social media becoming a common thing for b2b companies as over 83% of marketers using social media to achieve their objectives. Also, on average 6 social media channels are used by b2b companies, which doesn’t mean you should right jump in if you do not use either 1. But I want to point out that using social media is important for b2b companies too.
Statistics say that 54% of b2b marketers generating leads from social media. The rest using social media for a different type of purpose, as it solely depends on your industry and price tag of your products and services.
Therefore, you should try to get at least one of them to improve your digital marketing as in overall you can improve your lead generation, search engine optimization and customer experience.
Why Social Media for B2B Companies?
It’s has been proven that decision-makers are doing their research online, through a search engine and social media too. They want to learn and keep up with the trends, and social media are perfect to get quick and small bites of trending topics within their industry and industries they are interested in.
- Around 50% of b2b companies said that social media improved their lead nurturing, SEO, and branding, and 25% of them their lead generation noticeably improved too. Obviously, people prefer to do research online for many purposes and over 80% of internet users are on
- 79% of marketers saw an increment in traffic with as little afford as 6 a week spend on social media marketing. Many people have the wrong perception that social media requires a lot of time and effort, but if you are starting, you can easily hire freelancers for a cheap price and let it done for you.
- LinkedIn generates over 80% of B2B leads for the companies. As the main mission of LinkedIn is to connect professionals like you and me, so you can learn from each other and also help with problems you are facing. Therefore LinkedIn is a great social media for b2b companies.
7. Lead Magnets
You can generate as much traffic as you want for your website, but if you do not have a proper marketing strategy on how to capture them, most of them will go wasted and your marketing budget too.
Lead magnets helping you to improve your lead capturing and get them closer to the purchasing decision which includes you. As I have mentioned, email marketing is a great way how to nurture your leads, but you need a way how to get your prospects in.
Therefore, your Lead Magnets are essential for your overall b2b marketing strategy so you will capture all these valuable leads coming to your website.
Why Lead Magnets?
The effort of creating and investing in lead magnets will be rewarded for your marketing department. Lead magnets like eBooks, whitepapers, templates, cheat sheets, and so on are a great way to get them in. And as you will see, these metrics will improve once you will create it for your b2b company.
- 30-40% higher conversation rate is usual results once b2b marketers start applying leads magnets into their websites, email, and landing pages. Remember, most of the executives prefer to take something with them when they visit the website. Therefore, creating bonus information to take “home” for them is what works for them.
- 95% of more subscribers for your email list. Already mentioned In the article that you will see an incredible result for your email list, as decision-makers will be happy to share with you their contact details for premium content.
Summary of B2B Digital Marketing Strategies for 2020
B2B marketing is all about building relationships with your prospects as they go through a journey that can be quite painful for them. If you create a b2b marketing strategy to align and create a pleasant experience for them, they will be happy to buy from you.
Remember, you want to help your prospects on each of the stages of their journey and make it as easy as possible for them to make a well-informed decision which they won’t regret.
That is why it is so important to have strategically planned your b2b marketing so you can achieve a great customer experience, align marketing, and your copies.
And that’s the purpose of this article, to give you the foundation, so you know where to go in 2020 so you can achieve your objective and make your company happy.